1. This office building … a meeting room.
2. Yesterday my flight … at about three o’clock in the afternoon.
3. Is there a car park?
4. Now I … for a taxi.
5. The room looks very clean … you … it?
6. Do you like football?
7. A. … training to do my job properly.
B. I’m sorry. It’s just not p...
8. A. … the target market?
B. It’s aimed at stylish young men who wan...
9. I … you later, OK?
10. He … it for an hour before I came.
11. … you … many cities when you were in France.
12. … Ricardo drive to work?
13. Oscar … from home.
14. My suggestion is to go for a cocktail.
15. Can I speak to Jorge Ramos, please?
16. Karina is … but she lives and works in London.
17. She … her work already.
18.A. … credit card details, please?
B. It’s a MasterCard. The number...
19. Will you … the bank when you go out?
20. How about a cup of tea?
21. What day suits you?
22. When I … it … yesterday.
23. The company … only four people and they all work in one office.
24. Next week, she’s moving to a new flat because her old one is … f...
25. And what … now?
26. Mr Albert … to meetings.
27. I … for you for more than one hour.
28. What do you think?
29. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He w...
30. Main course: …
31. What time do you think you’ll arrive? …
32. I got a good deal when borrowed money to buy my car - I had one y...
33. My boss ... from Sweden.
34. Complete each of the questions
35. Complete each ар in these short conversations.
Аге there апу Chinese dishes?
Yes You should ... the duck.
36. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He w...
37. I ... from Spain.
38. Complete each gap in these short conversations
.…do you work?
At Channel 10
39. Where are you from?
40. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He was in bed in first class on an international flight when he decided to open a hotel. The bed in the aeroplane gave him an idea. He could open a hotel with rooms like the sleeping area in an aeroplane. Now travellers in some of Britain's airports sleep in these small, low-cost rooms. The rooms are very small, only seven square metres, but they are very convenient. They are in the airport, so travellers who want only a night's sleep and a shower can save money and travelling time. Woodroffe calls his hotel 'Yotel'. Each room has a TV, a desk and a shower and costs £50. You can pay £70 for a bigger room that has a couch. Press a button, and the couch changes to a bed. The small rooms are very popular with travellers. Woodroffe thinks he will open more Yotels in city centres.
Woodroffe thinks Yotel will succeed ...
41. Is there a direct …?
42. The office ... very international.
43. How much is it per night? …
44. How many hours a week do you work?
45. Do you meet your colleagues after work?
46. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He w...
47. You need to … through security before you board the plane.
48. The employees ... from about 15 different countries.
49. How’s your business doing?
50. Last week, I ... in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
51. I ...to Hong Kong on Thursday.
52. Complete each gap in these short conversations
.… you a sales manager ?
No, I'm not. I work in television.
53. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea...
54. Dessert: …
55. … is important with big or heavy products, because you can’t take them home in your car.
56. When I return home, I … a taxi from the airport to my house.
57. Complete each of the questions
A. How many ... D. many flights to Rome this afternoon?
B. How much ... E. cash do you have in your wallet?
C. Are there ... F. languages do you speak?
58. We ... usually have any serious communication problems.
59. Before you get on the plane, you can … some shopping.
60. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He w...
61. In the office, we all ...English.
62. Please take me to the city …
63. How many nights are you staying? …
64. Can I have an aisle …?
65. I ...to Hong Kong on Thursday.
66. I'm checking out today. Can I have the… , please?
67. Where are you staying?
68. Can I take this as hand …?
69. I ... a very good meeting with Jimmy Lee in Taipei.
70. He wants to … a hotel for three nights in Taipei.
71. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea....
72. When are you leaving? …
73. Starter: …
74. My new camera has …. If it stops working, the maker will repair or replace it
75. Complete each gap in these short restaurant confversations.
What do you ... for the main course?
76. Five years ago, businessman Simon Woodroffe had a good idea. He w...
77. I ... some suppliers.
78. Complete each gap in these short conversations.
you a sales manager?
79. What do you like best about your job?
80. On the flight, you can always … a movie.
81. I don't like to pay ... when I order something. I prefer to pay when I receive the product.
82. What do you do in your free time?
83. Do you want a room with a bath? ...
84. …she travel in her job?
85. A low price is important, but good ... will make customers happy, even when a product breaks.
86. They … for 20 minutes when his mother came in.
87. She’s a very … person – she likes to be on time.
88. His grandfather … from his job a year ago.
89. Next week, she’s moving to a new flat because her old one is … f...
90. A. … my new camera.
B. Oh dear. I’m sorry to hear that.
91. What time … it …?
92. … he … about the opera before?
93. I … my breakfast.
94. They … for 20 minutes when his mother came in.
95. She started her job last year, … April.
96. There’s something I’d like to talk to you about.
97. Why don’t you buy a self-study course?
98. Last night I … home at 11. I … supper and then … to bed.
99. Tomorrow at five he … football.
100. What did you learn from your Iast job?
I learned how to be patient.
А. Pascal’s is the best restaurant. The food is delicious.
В. Yes, I agree. The food is great.
101. When in Thailand?
102. Andres: … Viral videos can be very effective.
103. Beatta, this is Layla.
104. When I tell people what I do, they often say, ‘Oh, I guess you lo...
105. Our … profit is lower this year because sales are down.
106. You can work whenever you choose!’ I usually just smile and agree...
107. I … for the same company for my entire career and I couldn’t be h...
108. We don't want to spend too much time getting to the conference venue so let's choose somewhere with a ... location.
109. Anya: …
Anya: Because of the budget cuts.
110. If I have an important … to meet, I often start work at 8:00 in t...
111. What do you mean by a slight pay increase?
112. I … a manager for the past ten years.
113. Fawaz makes … as an accountant.
114. Anya: OK, it’s ten o’clock and everyone’s here. …
115. Mona: But a viral video lasts longer. And we definitely want to r...
116. How do you feel about Duncan’s suggestion?
117. Lunch meetings need to be very quick so I always choose a restaur...
118. … you like something to eat?
119. We … be late for the meeting with the CEO!
120. I had a very heavy … last month but this month it isn’t too bad.
121. Anya: Lydia, what do you think?
122. So when I … university, I … a job in IT.
123. I have a family and a lot of interests outside of work. Overall, ...
124. I’m a freelance accountant and bookkeeper for small businesses so...
125. This usually happens near the end of the tax year. Fortunately, I don't work twelve hours every day all year long — I'm not a ...
126. ‘I’m climbing the career … ,’ he says. ‘I want to be a manager.’
127. Every business needs accountants so there are a lot of career … for Fawaz
128. Welcome, marketing team, and thank you for the hard work you’ve put
129. When a job comes along, I have to take advantage of the … and acc...
130. But I … management at university. My degree is in history.
131. When a company announces good results, often its … price increase...
132. Complete each ap in these short restaurant conversations.
Do you ... any vegetarian dishes?
Yes, we have vegetarian pizza
133. For business dinners with only five or six people, I like the ... atmosphere of our local Japanese restaurant.
134. I never drink wine or beer at a business dinner. In fact, I always just order ... water.
135. Complete each gap in these short conversations. ... your job?
I'm Director of Advertising.
136. Do you mind if I take a brochure?
137. I have a small, comfortable office in my home and I really like being in control of my working …
138. Can you give me a 10 per cent … if I buy in bulk?
139. How’s business?
140. Listen! Is that Alicia playing? She … play the piano very well!
141. You … learn some Japanese if you’re going to do business in Japan.
142. My train leaves at 6:00 so I … be at the station before 5:50.
143. I don’t print most e-mails because my company is trying to … waste in the office.
144. At that time, the company … interactive software for teaching history to primary school students.
145. Most supermarkets offer a … scheme with reward points.
146. Right now, he works in … in Bahrain. He works hard because he wants a promotion. ‘I need more experience’ he says.
147. Can you recommend a hotel that has meeting rooms for hire at … prices?
148. There’s usually a 14-day cooling-off … for financial products.
149. We don’t want to spend too much time getting to the conference venue so let’s choose somewhere with a … location.
150. We give customers a full … if they return an unused product within 30 days.
151. He’s hoping for a big career … : a job in the UK.